I realised that I haven’t posted anything for quite a while…
New Underwater Case
Yes, we bought an underwater case for our camera – the compact camera. It is an Ikelite (3rd party) underwater case, can’t tell if it is better than the OEM one. If I remember correctly, it is supposed to be rated to greater depths. Got it for $340.
We tested it when we went snorkelling in Bintan.
Now, what I need is more silicone grease…
dSLR – EOS7D
- Built-in flash – Convenient when you don’t want to take out that huge flash
- Smaller than the EOS 5D Mark II (slightly bigger than EOS 50D) – Size is a concern because most of my shots are taken while travelling
- Video recording – Doesn’t hurt to be able to record videos
- 1.6x crop – Equivalent lens will be smaller, convenient for travelling
- Wireless flash – The connection for my off-shoe cord has not been as reliable as I would like. This would be useful if I need to cover another (wedding) event
The body will cost around $2,500… hmm…
Which phone has a better camera?
A friend recently asked me this… my answer? “It is a phone, not a camera.” Don’t buy a phone expecting a camera… and don’t buy a compact camera expecting SLR quality photos and features.